Basic FAQs and HOWTOs

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Feb 17 23:13:33 EST 2005

I ran into the infamous /var/imap/socket/lmtp write problem - all the
permissions were correct.  The issue was solved by completely removing
Cyrus (and all directories) then rebuilding (FreeBSD port) and
reinstalling.  Then it work.

I'm getting mail on my test machine - but now receiving this error in
the syslog:

    imaps[99308]: no user in db

I searched all the archives I could find, and haven't found a sufficient
explanation - though I think this is SASL-related.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

We really need to get some detailed debugging and HOWTOs pooled into a
Wiki somewhere.   I would "presume" that the Cyrus Wiki would be the
place to hold this - does anyone have some content to donate?  Surely
there must be a plethora of information around by now ;-)

Forrest