Create mailbox issue 2.2.10

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 16 00:55:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 14:49 +1100, Ben Ricketts wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am trying to use cyradm-php.lib to create user on a cyrus server. The
> serv
> er is set up to use virtual domains and is running version 2.2.10. Also
> set
> to use unix heirarchy seperators. This seems to work fine on another
> machine running 2.1x  and not set to use virtual domains.
>
> when i create a user using code such as:
>
> $imap->createmb("user/testacct at myserver.com/test");
>
> the mailbox for the user is created in the right place i.e
>
> /mail/domain/m/myserver.com/t/user/testacct
>
> but the subfolder is created as:
>
> /mail/domain/m/myserver.com/test
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this problem ?

----
somewhere in the configuration of that program is the notion to put in a
separator which should be a '.' period

also, users should be created with user as a prefix.

Probably easier to understand if you used cyradm a few times...

su - cyrus -c /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyradm localhost

and then ' cm user.testacct ' to create the base mailbox
and then ' cm user.testacct.test ' to create the sub mailbox

Craig