Cyrus logging

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:14:23 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:05:59 +1100, JB Hewit <johnblade at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been searching about and haven't been able to find anywhere to
> change the verbosity of Cyrus imap (ver 2.1.x).

Check the settings of your syslog.conf file.  Avoiding the debug level
will help.

> On another note, I realise this is a syslog thing but how do I change
> where cyrus logs are being sent to?  At the moment they are being sent
> to the mail.log/err/warn, but I want to send this to imap.log.  Any
> hints there, I tried adding "local6.debug    /var/log/imapd.log" to no
> avail.

Check the details of your syslog daemon (man syslogd).  You'll
probably find that you need to create the file first (touch
/var/log/imapd.log) and then tell syslog to re-read it's config file
(kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid`).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor