Horde/IMP authentication to Cyrus via client certificates?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Feb 17 20:14:23 EST 2005

Edward Rudd wrote:

> This is really a Cyrus-SASL topic. as Cyrus IMAP doesn't really care how
> the user gets authenticated, only that the SASL layer authenticates the
> users.  So client certificate authentication would have to be added as a
> SASL authentication module.

It's never been clear to me where IMAP stops and SASL starts as it
relates to this... but it's my impression that Cyrus SASL has nothing at
all to do with SSL/TLS, and only handles the authentication details
after Cyrus IMAP has collected them.

I guess that means that what I want to do will actually require changes
in both Cyrus IMAP and SASL... time for more research :-)