no user in db

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 19 16:37:56 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 15:59 -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> The issue I have has to do with deleting folders THROUGH imap... ie: I
> can create a folder in my test account, but then I cannot delete that
> same folder via IMAP, as I should.   The acl is fine.
----
you brought up all the postfix stuff so he responded about that

so going back to your previous email...
----
> So I think something's wrong on the SASL end.
>
> I have (this is on a spare machine):
>
>     forrie at pc.mydomain.com:   userPassword
>     forrie at mydomain.com:   userPassword
>     forrie.admin at pc.mydomain.com:   userPassword (used only for Cyrus admin)
>
> I have a separate account established in Thunderbird for this (login
> name forrie, domain pc.forrie.com).
----
did you try using account in Thunderbird... forrie at pc.forrie.com ?

you are confusing the issue (at least for me) when you use forrie at pc.mydomain.com in one place and forrie at pc.forrie.com in another.

did you try to log on to cyradm as forrie at pc.mydomain.com userPassword and then try to delete folders?

are the folders in user.forrie (or however they are stored) ALL owned by cyrus.mail or whatever is consistent with your cyrus user and group privileges all the way through?
----
> I'm completely stumped by this one - and really don't know if there are
> some command-line SASL debugging tools I can use for this scenario.
----
seemed to be the best thing to do was to capture the traffic with tcpdump as I did the other day. It was highly useful.

Craig