Correcting my mistake

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Sat Feb 19 17:57:50 EST 2005

> > I have since deleted the directory structure and then went in to delete
> > the user (dm user.<user.>).  Since I had deleted the directory structure
> > earlier, how do I correct my mistake?  Do I need to reinstall, or am I
> > missing a utility that comes with Cyrus that can save me?
>
> Can other users still login? If you deleted one user, just recreate a
> mailbox for that user.

I am the only user.  (I'm testing it on an SGI using SGI freeware.)  I
can create other accounts, and I can delete them.

When I create a mailbox, cm returns:
localhost> cm user.ericwa
createmailbox: Mailbox already exists
(and an lm verifies that there are indeed mailboxes for my account.)

And, when I try to sam the user.ericwa mailbox, sam returns:
localhost> sam user.ericwa cyrus +all
setaclmailbox: root: +all: System I/O error
When I look in the SYSLOG of the system, I find:
Feb 19 14:49:35 3W:hades imapd[18944]: IOERROR: opening
/var/imap/user/ericwa/cyrus.header: No such file or directory
which would correspond to me doing an rm instead of a dm.

eric