Lutos-Notes to Cyrus

Lincoln Zuljewic Silva lincolnzsilva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:53:56 EST 2005

imapsync works but there is one problem:

imapsync --host1 192.168.4.60 --user1 teste --password1 happy --host2
192.168.4.35 --user2 lincao --password2 sad --prefix2 INBOX. --sep1 "
"

It create a Subfolder named INBOX on inbox of cyrus....i´ll try to understand it

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:42:33 +0000 (UTC), Wil Cooley
<wcooley at nakedape.cc> wrote:
> On 2005-02-21, Jukka Salmi <j+asg at 2005.salmi.ch> wrote:
> > Lincoln Zuljewic Silva --> info-cyrus (2005-02-21 17:48:29 -0300):
> >> I have to migrate the Lotus Notes Mailboxes to Cyrus
> >> Mailboxes....Anybody already do this ?
> >
> > No, but I'll have to do this later this month. I'll probably use
> > imapsync[1] and lots of patience. ;-)
>
> It's occurred to me that one of the reasons imapsync and similar in-protocol
> tools is so slow is that, like any server that cares about on-disk integrity,
> Cyrus fsync's after receiving every message.  What's done with some servers,
> like OpenLDAP IIRC, is disabling the fsync after every write, with the
> assuption that in the brief period you're migrating, you're willing to risk
> a failure in return for speeding up the process considerably.
>
> It would probably take a good bit of hacking to not only make the
> fsync conditional, but also make the various database backends disable
> filesystem-flushes.  You could probably implement a library loadable using
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH that overrode fsync to be a no-op, so you could easily enable
> it and then ignore it the rest of the time.
>
> Wil
> --
> Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
> Naked Ape Consulting                        http://nakedape.cc
> * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
>
> ---

Lincoln Zuljewic Silva