Problems with sieveshell under Solaris 9

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Wed Feb 23 23:55:41 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Robert Scussel wrote:

> This might be a shot in the dark, but having recently battled through some
> quirks on Solaris 9, make sure that your perl binary is one that was compiled
> on the Solaris box with gcc ( unless of course you actually have the sun
> compiler and compiled cyrus with it ). The one from sunfreeware works. I was
> having all sorts of issues trying to install perl modules with the solaris CC
> compiled perl.

I have just in the last few minutes finished fighting a similar problem.
The changes to use strlcpy in 2.2.11 result in a __eprintf dependancy when
gcc is used to compile cyrus with some gcc versions, and if perl is
compiled with cc it will not include libgcc (where __eprintf comes from)

In this case I would expect your perl module to not load at all, though,
in sieveshell.