Outlook Express and IMAP folders

Robert Scussel rscuss at omniti.com
Wed Feb 23 14:25:01 EST 2005

Outlook Express likes to have Sent Items under the mailbox, and cyrus
has everything under the inbox. Sice the Sent Items is probably under
/path/to/imap, the user that is using Outlook doesn't have permssions to
write to Sent Items, or Sent Items in "/path/to/imap/Sent Items" doesn't
exist.

You can change Outlook's default save to a folder under Inbox, such as
user.Inbox.Sent Items. This should fix the problem

Hope this helps,

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> G'day ..
>
>   Just setup Outlook Express w/ IMAP on the remote mail server, and
> whenever we send out an email, I get an error to the effect of:
>
> "Some of hte messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your
> Sent Items Folder.  Your message could not be uploaded to the IMAP server"
>
>   I've checked the server side itself, and the sent-mail folder does
> exist ... and we're running alot of Eudora instances without similar
> problems, so figure there must be somethign I'm missing for OE ...
>
>   Help?
>
> Thanks ...
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy at hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664
> ---

Robert Scussel
1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959