Migration from Suse to Debian

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Feb 25 04:01:27 EST 2005

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schreef:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>>Debian uses a hashed mailspool, Suse does not.
>>
>>Is it possible to transfer the mail over IMAP from server to server?
>
> Yes, but you can do it fs-to-fs as well.

You mean copy?

I understand I have to copy /var/spool/cyrus and /usr/lib/cyrus. Is that
everything I need?

> Look at the /usr/lib/cyrus/upgrade dir in the Debian install...

Do you mean the script "dohash"?
It says: "script to upgrade from versions of imapd previous to 1.6.2".
Does it only hash, and can I use it on a Cyrus 2.1 system to hash?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.