how to pipe mail to external program?

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Fri Feb 25 00:14:59 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 22:29, Tuna Sundae wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:45:33 -0700, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
> That's the thing... I can't get postfix to check the alias map before
> giving the mail to cyrus' deliver. So I was hoping there was a cyrus
> way to do this.
>
> Is anyone using postfix/cyrus and having it first look at /etc/aliases
> before delivering to 'deliver'?

First, this is definitely a postfix question belonging on the postfix
mailing list.

Second, you most likely don't have /etc/aliases in your postfix
alias_maps configuration. a default install of postfix uses
/etc/postfix/aliases, but /etc/aliases can be added by editing main.cf
(read the postfix documentation on postfix.org, or post to the
postfix-users mailing list for more assistance)

Third, unless you have a REAL need to use 'deliver' you should be using
LMTP to inject mail into cyrus, as it provides better performance.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/