Moving/Renaming Top Level Mailboxes

Greg Harris gharris at mail.nixa.k12.mo.us
Fri Feb 25 14:28:16 EST 2005

Hello All,

I am afraid that I am feeling a little confused and lost. Running
Cyrus-Imapd-2.2.8, Cyrus-Sasl*-2.1.15, MySQL-3.23.58, Postfix-2.1.5 and PERL
5.8 on a mostly current RHEL3 clone.

I am logged in as cyrus using cyradm and all folders have cyrus rights.  In
imapd.conf, allowusermoves: yes.

I can rename mailboxes inside a user:
	renm user.test.test user.test.test2

I can rename mailboxes to different users with major issues:
	renm user.test.test user.test2.test
Only problem is, this is listed in a folder called "Other Users" in
user.test rather than user.test2 when using an IMAP client (Horde/IMP).  lm
lists the mailbox under user.test2.

I can not rename top level boxes:
	renm user.test user.test2
	renamemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox

If I copy a mailbox and reconstruct:
	cp -r /var/spool/imap/user/test /var/spool/imap/user/test2
	reconstruct -r user.test2
I get the "Other Users" folder using IMAP client, and nothing listed in
cyradm.

I am out of ideas for info searches and trying new things.  The scripts from
the old O'Reilly book, (Chap 9), also do not work.  Any other information
that I can give, I will.  I also can not seem to find any way to run cyradm
in debug or send to a log.

Thanks,

Greg Harris