Creating and using virtual domains in/with Cyrus..

Eric Schnoebelen eric at cirr.com
Sun Feb 27 17:46:02 EST 2005

Edward Rudd writes:
- On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 13:03, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- > 	Hmm, it doesn't seem to be doing that for me.  I end up
- > with something looking like this:
- >
- > 		<partition>/
- > 		           /user/
- > 		           /user/email-1 at domain^tld
- > 		           /user/email-2 at domain^tld
- > 		           /user/email-3 at domain-2^tld
- >
- > 	I'm creating users using cyradm, using
- >
- > 		cm user/email-1 at domain.tld
- > 		cm user/email-3 at domain-2.tld
-
- I just re-looked over you original e-mail and you have virtdomains:
- true.. true is not a valid option.. Try setting it to "on" or "userid"
- (per "man imapd.conf")

	Hmm, I guess I read that statement in the manual page as
"boolean + 'userid'".

	However, having tried it with both ``virtdomains: on''
and ``virtdomains: userid'', I haven't seen any change in
behavior. (the installation was re-initialized between each
test.)

	Its like it's always seeing ``virtdomains: off'', no
matter what I enter.  I wonder if it's related to the 64bit
issue I saw mentioned earlier. (this is an Alpha, an LP64,
little endian, machine.)

[recap: Cyrus imapd 2.2.12, NetBSD 2.0, AlphaServer DS10L]
--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric at cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    "A workstation without a network is like a geek in a field all