Newbie in cyrus murder

Richard Goh richard_goh74 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 10:01:58 EST 2005

Hi list,

I'm trying to configure cyrus murder, but not
successful.  I'm using cyrus imapd 2.2.10.

For testing, I'm putting the backend, frontend and
master mupdate server in one server.  Is this ok?

I've followed the documentation in
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-murder.html,
but I have a problem with creating user mailbox using
cyradm.

When I try to use "cm user.richard", it will return an
error:
createmailbox: Server(s) unavailable to complete
operation

Then I'll see this error in maillog:
Mar  2 22:58:53 common imap[5858]:
getaddrinfo(default) failed: Temporary failure in name
resolution

I don't know what name resolution is it doing, because
I put my mupdate_server to be 127.0.0.1.  Also, if
possible, is there any way to see a more verbose
logging?

Thank you.