Newbie in cyrus murder

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Feb 28 12:23:58 EST 2005

Richard Goh wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to configure cyrus murder, but not
> successful.  I'm using cyrus imapd 2.2.10.
>
> For testing, I'm putting the backend, frontend and
> master mupdate server in one server.  Is this ok?

If you try to put a backend on the same box as a frontend/mupdate
master, it needs to use a different configdir, which means using a
different config file.

The "murder in a box" does work (I have it on my laptop for testing new
code), but its not trivial to setup.

> I've followed the documentation in
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-murder.html,
> but I have a problem with creating user mailbox using
> cyradm.
>
> When I try to use "cm user.richard", it will return an
> error:
> createmailbox: Server(s) unavailable to complete
> operation
>
> Then I'll see this error in maillog:
> Mar  2 22:58:53 common imap[5858]:
> getaddrinfo(default) failed: Temporary failure in name
> resolution
>
> I don't know what name resolution is it doing, because
> I put my mupdate_server to be 127.0.0.1.  Also, if
> possible, is there any way to see a more verbose
> logging?
>
> Thank you.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127