Newbie in cyrus murder

Richard Goh richard_goh74 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 20:22:01 EST 2005

--- Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> wrote:
> He doesn't need the "unified" code in 2.3 to do what
> he wants.  The 2.2
> code will work just fine, and long as its configured
> correctly.  A
> single machine Murder config is really only useful
> for testing code,
> otherwise its really not very interesting.

Actually, I'm not very sure whether my setup is
feasible.  Let me describe them:

I intend to have a master mupdate server, frontend and
backend server into one box.  Then I'd like to have
another box with frontend and backend servers.  I was
thinking of having this second box residing in another
country, such that when the first box is dead, users
that have their mailbox in the second server still can
access their emails.  Is this workable?

I'm trying to find docs on configuring murder in a
box, but there is none on the internet.  Can you show
me your configuration?  Or maybe description on how it
should work?  From what I know is, backend server must
be listening at different port so that the frontend
can listen at imap port.  Is this correct?