ctl_cyrusdb[xxxx]: DBERROR: error listing log files: Permission denied

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas.ecarnot at accim.com
Tue Dec 20 10:17:57 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm just discovering cyrus-imapd since we plan to switch from uw-imap.
I'm still playing with the numerous options and now, I've seen this
problem in my logs :

ctl_cyrusdb[xxxx]: DBERROR: error listing log files: Permission denied

and though the file perms are ok.
After one week of search in the whole net, I found that the current
working directory from which we launch cyrus-master was the key problem.
When running cyrus-master from anywhere in the hierarchy, this does work
flawlessly.
When running it from /root, this leads to the error message above.
In both cases, I run it with the complete path.

At first sight, this is ... weird, isn't it ?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot