Log-File : format/how to view it?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Dec 17 08:36:42 EST 2005

-- tschloss at web.de is rumored to have mumbled on 17. Dezember 2005 13:19:01
+0100 regarding Log-File : format/how to view it?:

> I had a problem on my server which I want to analyse. (I lost 20 folders
> in a user´s mailbox)
>
> I found a detailed log file  config-dir/db/00000001.log (3,6 MB)
> This file seems to be partially binary. Is there a tool for viewing it or
> a format description? It ist worthless for me in this state.

Well, it won't do you much good anyway. It's the transaction log for the
Berkeley DBs, not an application log. You use it with db_printlog, but as I
said, it won't do you much good.

<http://pybsddb.sourceforge.net/utility/db_printlog.html>
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK