LDAP problem

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Thu Dec 15 20:42:10 EST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:59:48 +0000
Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> 	userPassword:: cGFzc3dvcmQ=

> /etc/slapd.conf contains (on both machines)
> 	password-hash   {smd5}

Well the string above is definitely NOT md5. It looks a lot more like the
old fashioned crypt() thing.

I remember coming across something similiar a few years back when I was
trying to add some old solaris boxen to linux environment and hitting this
same problem. You, however, are moving to a more modern system, so it looks
like a stupid idea for a modern system to use older password hashing.
Anyway, check what the sles manuals say, maybe someone got enlightened and
configured defaluts to be more 'the old unix way'.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/