How-to "Restore" mailbox tree from file backup

tschloss at web.de tschloss at web.de
Thu Dec 15 11:20:01 EST 2005

Hi,
I have lost 80% of the folders in a hierachie of a "virtual" user´s mailbox.

I have a backup of all files under spool/imap and lib/imap.
This is a full backup 3 days old (which would be ok) and an 3 incremental backups from the last 3 days (which would be nice to have).

There are a lot status and db-files, so I assume it will not work very good to just copy the files in the original directories.

Is there a how-to to restore the information from a file backup?

(I thought about setting up a second server, trying to get the lost mails there and copy the mails via IMAP-client to the main server, just to prevent the integrity of the database on the main server. The second server could be removed after this.)

Thanks in advance
Thomas