SASL problems

Cristian Mitrana cristian.mitrana at online.ie
Wed Dec 14 07:17:30 EST 2005

mailing at scastagnoli.info wrote:
> I do apologize but I have a problem I cannot solve.
> I type:
>
> sasldblistusers2
>
> and I see that user cyrus exists in sasl2.db, that has 644 permissions.
> When I try
>
> testsaslauthd -u cyrus -p cyrus
>
> I found in /var/log/messages the following:
>
> Dec 14 12:42:19 server imap(pam_unix)[2999]: authentication failure; logname=
> uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=cyrus
> Dec 14 12:42:22 server saslauthd[2999]: do_auth         : auth failure:
> [user=cyrus] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
>
> My /etc/imapd.conf has:
>
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

 Saslauthd does not use /etc/sasldb2 to authenticate users, as the log
says it tried to authenticate with PAM, service 'imap'. Add 'auxprop' to
the 'sasl_pwcheck_method' and imapd will try to authenticate with the
sasldb2 auxprop mech. If you plan to store all your users in
/etc/sasldb2 then remove saslauthd entirely.

mitu

mitu