Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.0 Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue Dec 13 10:08:32 EST 2005

> I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.0.  This is an
> BETA-quality release, reflecting that it has significant numbers of new
> features that have not been tested on a wide-scale basis, although
> earlier versions of this code have been running at two sites for quite
> some time.  Some of the new features include mailspool replication
> (based on David Carter's work), "unified" Murder code, separate
> meta-data partitions, several new IMAP and Sieve extensions, and many
> more visible and invisible changes.

While working on a first rpm release including the new replication code, a
few things showed up:

1) man page of make_md5 is not installed (patch attached)

2) service name for nntp has once been changed from "news" to "nntp",
however, it still shows up as "news" in one place. I guess it was
forgotten. (patch attached)

3) replication code includes com_err.h instead of et/com_err.h (patch
attached)

4) imap Makefile needs a fix (in my case) to build replication code (patch
attached)

5) a tool called syncnews(8) is now part of the distribution. However it
seems quite old and doesn't build. Is it needed?

I hope this report is useful.

Regards,
Simon