listen to a dynamic interface

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:30:34 EST 2005

You could always stop/start cyrus based on the ppp interface being live.
That way it'd bind to whatever address is active and then only when the link
is up.  I suppose you could leave it live all the time and just restart it
when the ppp link state changes.

It's not common to run a mail server behind a dynamic address, they
generally benefit from being on stable, always-on, connections.  You *can*
run them otherwise but it's usually not recommended.

Other ideas like using a VPN come to mind but it depends on just how complex
you need it to be.

-Bill Kearney