Outlook does not delete but displays deleted messages asstrike-trough

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Sun Dec 11 13:15:55 EST 2005

Bill Kearney wrote:
> I think outlook's utterly crappy handling of IMAP is a more powerful
> motivator.  Outlook Express, on the other hand, does a fine job of
> supporting IMAP.  But the regular "Outlook 2003" and past versions have had
> absolutely crappy IMAP handling.  Such that it makes it almost impossible to
> use OL2003 against an IMAP server.  I long since gave up on it for IMAP
> access.

	I migrated users from Outlook MAPI, to Outlook IMAP against an exchange
server in preparation for migrating to Cyrus.
	For all its flaws Outlook IMAP works better than Outlook MAPI.
The only "new" problem was that Outlook IMAP would not "properly" use
the Outlook "special" folders like calendar, tasks and contacts when
accessed via IMAP. All Microsoft's Contacts, tasks, etc are is specially
formated messages. It would be really nice if tbird was able to parse
those messages, and use them as contacts, or calendar items.