Cyrus - Sendmail .forward not working

James Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Mon Dec 5 11:04:38 EST 2005

What about if your users are not in /etc/passwd?  I use LDAP for
authentication and would like to still use ~/.forward files.  The FAQ says,
"The w flag tells sendmail that users are all in /etc/passwd so it's okay to
read it and find ~/.forward. If users aren't in /etc/passwd, don't do this."

Thanks,
Jim