cyrus & postfix, message being corrupted when viewed by the client

cyrus cyrus at micromark.com.cn
Sun Dec 4 02:05:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I need some help regarding email corruption of attachments

I have installed the open exchange system onto  2 X SLES9

the basic setup consists of the following:

postfix-2.1.1-1.17

cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22
cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-33.8
cyrus-sasl-crammd5-2.1.18-33.1
cyrus-sasl-digestmd5-2.1.18-33.1
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.18-33.1

openexchange-adminweb-1.0.0-16
openexchange-daemons-1.0.0-16
open-xchange-0.8.0-19

i have turned off the OX, so it is basically , postfix & cyrus.

the problem:

when making an imap connection.

on 1 system if i send  MULTIPLE MS.doc files ( or it appears other
files)

then the first attached .doc file is readable, but the rest appear
corrupted
, ( the mime encoding seems to be cut short, or ms word will not read
them)

now if it is the FIRST email sent to the account ( no other emails in
the
account or trash ,there is no problem-!!, the whole file and
attachments seem
to be OK.
  emails after the first email seem to be corrupted.

  what i have tried, and the problem still repeats

1. clone & move the disk drive to another system , to discount memory &
hardware errors)
2. turn off content filtering & antivirus , including removing any port
re-directs.
3. totally reinstalling postfix & cyrus.

4.  stopping cyrus & rebuilding mailboxes & quotas , (no problem found)

my other SLES9, setup appears to be exactly the same , and it does
not do
it!!,  I can send /forward,cc  attachments ,until the cows come
home , and
not one is messed up.

I don't even have an idea how to track this down.

I have got as far as finding out the message is recieved good by
cyrus & when placed into the user mailbox  folder ,the messages IS good.
but when sent to the client it becomes corrupted.

I have samples of the message sent to dual email systems, (good & bad
systems), as well as the message  that is stored in the "bad" system.

I just need help understanding how the message gets from cyrus to the
client, and how to trace the system.

steve