auth against active directory?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:12:34 EST 2005

Heh, 'easy enough' and LDAP rarely seem to be found together.  Throw in SASL
and it /really/ goes downhill.

I figure it should be easy but given that I've never actually made a
'generic' LDAP connection to an active directory I'm not entirely sure where
to start.  And given the potential for amount of time fiddling with sasl is
known to absorb I'm doubly cautious.

-Bill Kearney