adding new partitions

Michael King mking at webinternational.net
Thu Dec 1 12:53:45 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm actually experiencing the same problem.  I'd not had any need for
partitions until recently (lots of growth).  However, I can't seem to get
them to work, even after shutting down everything IMAP-related, and killing
any stray processes (there weren't any).

I'm getting "Unknown/invalid partition" while using the example from the
O'Reilly book (Chapter 9).

-------------------------------
Here's the pertinent imapd.conf lines:
-------------------------------

defaultpartition: default

# The directory for the different partitions
#
partition-default: /misc1/spool/imap
partition-1: /misc2/spool/imap

-------------------------------
Here's a cut and paste example:

localhost> cm user/testmailbox 1
createmailbox: Unknown/invalid partition

(Yes, I'm using unix hierarchy)

Thanks,

Michael King, Systems Administrator
Web International, Inc.