Cyrus WebMail

info-cyrus at utdallas.edu info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Thu Dec 1 09:14:34 EST 2005

-- Ken Murchison said the following on 12/1/05 7:31 AM:

> FWIW, I brought this up at our last dept meeting and it wasn't shot down
> as a ridiculous idea.  CMU is looking to improve its webmail facility on
> campus (currently SquirrelMail), and a new Cyrus httpd service is one
> possibility.

Interesting.

Ya know, what I find most interesting about a service like gmail is the
fast searching. Cyrus has got squatter, but as I indicated before,
really need something to control what mailboxes I squat at night because
simply cannot squat the entire server every night.

The other thing that gmail and Zimbra offer, seems to me, is seamless
searching across folders. Not sure how/if Cyrus could deal with that
since seems to me to be largely a client issue.

Speaking about all this webmail, has anybody taken a look at travmail?

http://www.geelong.com/travmail/

I haven't had a chance to peer to closely at it yet, but looking at his
flash demo, it would seem to have an interesting and flexible interface.
Perhaps it has potential.....

Amos