Solution: sieve with reject/redirect/vacation fails, sendmail exit 71

Razmik Ghanaghounian rghanaghounian at harbourfrontcentre.com
Wed Aug 31 11:44:55 EDT 2005

Nix, I follow you.. when cyrus runs sendmail , it has GID=smmsp and since

/var/spool/clientmqueue has rwxrwx smmsp smmsp,

it SHOULD be able to put files in there.... but it does'nt.

i did telnet localhost smtp , tried sending to a user with a sieve
vacation/redirect and did strace on the process
but it did'nt reveal anything interesting. i even straced the master
process. I dont think you can strace timesieved since that is a fork off
cyrus and listens on socket.

Raz