PIMAP (draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-08)?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Aug 30 11:58:35 EDT 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Rob Carter wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has there been any consideration given as yet to adding partial or
>> full P-IMAP support to the Cyrus IMAP server in a future release?
>> Alternatively, has anyone seen or heard of any work being done to
>> build an open-source implementation of P-IMAP as a front-end for an
>> existing IMAP4 server (like Cyrus?).
>

> Its not a working group document (its a pricate submission) and its
> merits are still being discussed in the lemonade group.  Unless it
> becomes a standards track document, you probably won't see it in Cyrus.

BTW, the lemonade WG discussed "push" vs. "pull" for message submission
and we reached consensus on the "pull" model, namely the CATENATE and
URLAUTH extensions to IMAP and the BURL extension to Submission (SMTP).

I already committed a CATENATE implementation to Cyrus 2.3, and I have a
partial URLAUTH implementation that I have been working on.  If/when I
have time, I *might* write BURL code for Sendmail.

Hopefully Oracle isn't trying to circumvent the WG and create its own
defacto-standard by deploying P-IMAP code.

Software Engineer     2495 Main St. - Suite 401
716-604-0088 x26      Buffalo, NY 14214