unixhierarchy from false to true

Claudio Saavedra csaavedra at alumnos.utalca.cl
Tue Aug 30 11:24:28 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 15:37 +0000, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> Hello :)
>
> Stupid question really, but...
> ... Some time ago, I built a cyrus-imapd server with some defaults options.
> Everything works really fine. Today, I'm going to need to add some new users
> with a dot in their name, like joe.1 and joe.2.
> I _know_ this is possible using the "unixhierarchy" option in imapd.conf, but I
> was concerned about turning on this option now that I already have created
> mailboxes without it turned on. I mean, can I just enable and use this option
> or will it do some nasty things to my already running setup/mailboxes?

No. You only need to consider that if you need to go back to the default
configuration, every dot in a mailbox name will be converted to a ^.

So the mailbox "antoine.jacoutot" will become "antoine^jacoutot", and
"antoine.jacoutot/my-old-emails" will become
"antoine^jacoutot.my-old-emails".

Check the cyrus documentation for more info.

Claudio
--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra at alumnos.utalca.cl>