Solution: sieve with reject/redirect/vacation fails, sendmail exit 71

Razmik Ghanaghounian rghanaghounian at harbourfrontcentre.com
Mon Aug 29 09:46:57 EDT 2005

Ken, I already checked that out and i have a line in my imapd.conf file
which points to sendmail binary so that was'nt the problem. I found out
later that i was getting cannot write to queue permission errors in my
maillog . the 'cyrus' user was trying to write to
/var/spool/clientmqueue (for submission to sendmail) and ofcourse that
cant happen unless i made him member of 'smmsp' group and gave the group
write permission.
Permission on /var/spool/clientmqueue before:
drwxr-x---    2 smmsp    smmsp        4096 Aug 29 09:39 clientmqueue
Permission after:
drwxrwx---    2 smmsp    smmsp        4096 Aug 29 09:39 clientmqueue
(with cyrus member of smmsp)

sendmail version 8.13.4, cyrus: 2.2.12

If there is an alternative sol'n... please let me know. thanks.