Folder sizes on server larger than in original PST

Mark xa87n at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 13:53:08 EDT 2005

Hello,

Perhaps not related to Cyrus, but maybe you guys know why this would be
like this. I've imported a 650MB .PST file made from Exchange server
into the Cyrus imapd, who now reports about 870MB. In fact not only
Cyrus reports it, but it really us that big, according to the OS. I've
not seen this before, usually the size of a .PST roughly matches the
size on the Cyrus server after an import. Any idea what could cause a
missmatch? There is nothing obvious, it seems each email is a bit
larger than in PST, all adding up to over 200MB of difference. Import
was done in Outlook by opening a PST as a personal folder, then
connecting to Cyrus, then dragging and dropping the folders+email.
Thanks for any insights.

Mark