Setup Instruction for NNTP on Cyrus

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Aug 19 14:06:30 EDT 2005

Dawid van Wyngaard wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I have created some group with the mknewsgroups command (mknewsgroups -f
> '/var/spool/news/leaf.node/news.saix.net' -u 'cyrus' -a 'anyone +p'
> localhost)
>
> but I can't see it as folders in my SQ client. Maybe I have left out a step?

Can you see them in cyradm?  Remember, since they are shared mailboxes,
you have to give your users at least 'lr' access in order to see them in
either an IMAP client or NNTP client (Cyrus nntpd obeys the IMAP ACLs).

> When looking in my messages log of Linux I see that I'm getting my
> newsfeeds & it's articles successfully and I can connect with a normal
> news reader client to my server and see all the newsgroups...

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127