cyrus-imapd virtual domains

brad brad at bradandkim.net
Thu Aug 18 16:19:25 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:23 -0400, Jesus Ruiz wrote:
> Hello, i'm trying to configure a cyrus-imapd server to server virtual
> domains. I have several mail customers with their own domain. I wonder
> if there is a way to make cyrus authenticate all the users from any
> domain only with their username not using username at domain.
>
> I have read that cyrus have a default domain, and the users from this
> domain don't need to log using username at domain.
>
> If there is  way to do this, can someone please send me suggested
> readings to make this work with sendmail.
>
> Thank you very much

If you don't supply a domain when you log in, then Cyrus should reverse
the IP that the request came in on and use that as the domain to auth
from.  You can either put every domain on a separate IP and nobody would
need their domain, or you can put it all on one IP and have that IP
reverse to the domain you don't want to have to log in fully-qualified
on.

Hope that helps,

Brad Crotchett