sieveshell to remote server [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Aug 12 08:06:48 EDT 2005

Hi!

I use IMAPd with SASL ldapdb.
Why could I (only) connect to the server by sieveshell with
    # sieveshell --authname=username hostname
?

    # sieveshell --user=username hostname
ends up in
"unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 169, <STDIN>
line 1."
[  #cyradm --user username --server hostname
works as expected.]
When I do
    # sieveshell --user=username --authname=someone hostname
I see SASL to DN-maping (in slapd.log) for the sasl id defined in
imapd.conf and the authname-sasl id. No mapping for username is done.
    # sieveshell --authname=username hostname
maps the username-sasl id to the appropriate DN, after the
ldapdb-Proxyauth, and I could use sieveshell for "username".

Actual "username" should be in "--user=", not in "--authname="?

Hans