Cyrus 2.3

Amos info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Fri Aug 5 02:15:15 EDT 2005

WRT 2.3, IIRC, there was a feature such that deleting a message would
not physically delete the message but just hide it from the user.
That way a recovery wouldn't require pulling stuff off of tape
(assuming the message was there last time backups ran.) Am I
remembering this correctly? (I haven't had a chance to play with CVS
source in ages, alas.)

Anyway, assuming I'm remembering things correctly, what about folder
deletions? Is the folder and it's contents physically blown away, or
is it also just hidden from the user?

Recently have been learning about the snapshot capabilities of some
of our new SAN stuff, but got to wondering if some of these features
in the up-coming 2.3 would make that somewhat unnecessary.....

Amos