shared folder

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Aug 3 14:37:23 EDT 2005

Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> Ken,
> Many thanks for the info.  However, does it mean that users can not
> create subfolders beneath the shared folder?

Right, if they don't have the 'c' right, they can't create subfolders.

FYI, there is an update to RFC 2086 in the works which splits the ACL
for creating and deleting mailboxes into 'k' and 'x' respectively ('c'
becomes a macro for 'kx') and splits the ACL for deleting and expunging
messages into 't' and 'e' respectively ('d' becomes a macro for 'te').
This will give much finer grained control to admins.  I have a patch for
most of this laying around, I just need to update it to the latest
version of the draft.

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> Sujit Choudhury wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everybody,
>>> We are creating shared folder for groups of people and in general
>>> they like it.  We are giving members the following right:
>>> lrswipcda
>>>
>>> So that each member of a shared folder can delete mail.
>>>
>>> However in some instance, naive users are also deleting the folder
>>> causing lot of grief.  Apart from appointing one person who can
>>> delete the folder, i.e. everybody gets lrswip and giving one person
>>> the following lrswipd, is there anything that can be done to solve
>>> the problem?
>>

>> The 'c' right is the one that allows creation/deletion of a folder,
>> while 'd' allows deletion of messages.  So simply remove the 'c' right
>> from the careless users.
>>
> ---

Software Engineer     2495 Main St. - Suite 401
716-604-0088 x26      Buffalo, NY 14214