Can't mark messages as read after server crash

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sat Aug 6 15:04:26 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 10:52 +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have Cyrus 2.2.6 and recently had a power-outtage.  Since that
> > happened, I have been unable to mark my messages "as read".  That is, I
> > can mark them as read in my mail client, but as soon as I restart the
> > client, the messages go back to unread state.  I suspect something got
> > corrupted on the server during the server crash, but I don't know what.
>
> Maybe the seen database is corrupt. I guess /var/lib/imap/user/o/otis.seen
> is skiplist so I don't know what the correct way is to recover. At least
> you can try to convert it with cvt_cyrusdb to BDB and back to skiplist
> again.

I posted a question about recovering skiplist DBs a few weeks ago and
got a very informative answer about how to truncate the database to
allow it to cleanly recover.  You might lose some of the recent seen
flags, but it's better than losing them all (especially if you have a
lot of folders, as I do).

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.cyrus/18840

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *