cyrus password no longer authenticates to server

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Aug 8 01:14:10 EDT 2005

> I had a working cyrus-imapd installation and had successfully added
> an account in the following way.
>
> # First set password for cyrus account
> saslpasswd cyrus

With your config below, I don't thing you are using sasldb. So why set a
password in sasldb/sasldb2?

> # Using the cyrus account i initially used the command line below to
> create an initial account.
> cyradm -u cyrus mydomain.com
> mydomain>cm myself

With your config below, I think you may wynt to create a mailbox with
cm user.myself

> mydomain>exit
>
> # Today i attempted to create another mailbox and got the following
> error.
> myself at sand ~ $ cyradm -user cyrus mydomain.com

I'm quite sure you have changed your config now.

> IMAP Password:
>                Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/
> site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
>
> # The /var/log/messages file just reiterates the failure to
> authenticate so really doesn't tell me anything i didn't know

And what does it tell you?

In fact I don't think anybody can help you with this kind of information.

Simon