cyrus password no longer authenticates to server

Mike Partyka Mike.Partyka at jumpnode.com
Mon Aug 8 11:58:19 EDT 2005

On Aug 8, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Simon Matter wrote:

> I have never used sasldb but I think you can remove sasldb(2)
> because all
> your authentication is handled via saslauthd->LDAP.
>
> Simon
I thought this as well but i don't believe that is the case for the
Cyrus user, because the cyrus user is created only using the
"saslpasswd2 -c cyrus" command. And using GQ to browse the ldap
directory, i can see that Cyrus is not listed as a user account.
Since cyrus's sole purpose is as an administrative user used to
create the mailboxes i think it's only stored in the sasldb2 file.

Well, thanks for your suggestions, since i think the problem's
solution lies somewhere with sasldb/saslauthd, i'll start looking
through those docs for the answer.

Regards,

Mike Partyka
Jumpnode Systems, LLC