problem with large quotas

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 5 11:10:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

this is from an old thread:

--On 28. September 2004 14:23:08 Uhr -0400 Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>
wrote:

> Philip Chambers wrote:
>
>> I have just encountered a problem with setting a large quota and it
>> appears that the  code must be using just 32 bit arithmetic!
>>
>> I set a user to have a 10 gigabyte quota and the user was treated as
>> being  over-quota with just 10 megabytes.  I presume there will be
>> problems if I set a  quote of over 2 gigabytes which is the 32 bit
>> limit.  Can anyone clarify the  situation?
>
> Yes, both the quota limit and quota usage are limited to 32-bits.  Cyrus
> 2.3 uses 64-bits (long long int) on systems that support it.

I wonder if this is still true for 2.2.10. I set my quota to 3 GBs and it
seems to work OK:

cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de> sq user/a0620 3000000
quota:3000000
cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de> lq user/a0620
 STORAGE 297144/3000000 (9.9048%)
[cyrus at lvr13 imap]$ quota user/a0620
   Quota  % Used    Used Root
3000000       9  297163 user/a0620

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK