cyrus-murder problems with database corruption in the frontend/master

João Assad jfassad at parperfeito.com.br
Mon Apr 4 15:02:34 EDT 2005

> The following options seem to have a direct impact on how fast I run
> out of resources (obviously) . The more I increase them, the faster I
> get the mmap error.
>
> *mupdate_workers_start
> mupdate_workers_minspare
> mupdate_workers_maxspare
> mupdate_workers_max
>
> I have them all set to the default values right now.
> *
> Right now my ulimit is configured like this:
>
> core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
> data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
> max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
> max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                    (-n) 200000
> pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
> stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
> cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
> max user processes            (-u) unlimited
> virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited
>
> and Im still getting the mmap error. Got it once this night... so far
> cyrus didnt throw any DBERRORs though

Im again in a point that I just dont know where to look for problems
anymore. System resources seems to be fine, yet Im getting the dreaded
"Cannot allocate memory" IOERROR .

free output:
Mem:       2074264    1805272     268992          0      94500    1331860
-/+ buffers/cache:     378912    1695352
Swap:      2096472          0    2096472

My ulimit seems to be configured correctly.

Since I reduced the mupdate_workers options I've been getting lots of
"cyrus/mupdate[22343]: Server too busy, droping connection."  , which is
deferring lots of e-mails on the postfix server.

Any new advices ?

Regards

João Assad