cyrus-murder problems with database corruption in the frontend/master

João Assad jfassad at parperfeito.com.br
Sat Apr 9 12:43:41 EDT 2005

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>Just thought of something.  Please set the
>vm.overcommit_memory syscall to 2  (it is available in /proc/sys, I think.
>But the right way is to use /etc/sysctl.conf and sysctl).
>
>Make *really* sure you have enough swap when you do that. You will *really*
>need it.
>
>Some look on /proc/meminfo (especially on CommitLimit and Committed_AS)
>might shed some light if that is the problem.

Yeah I thought that might help too, I did that yesterday after the last
corruption
I also set the overcommit_ratio to 100

So far everything is running smooth. but I also recuced the
mupdate_workers configs, which usually makes cyrus last longer.
Im getting anxious here, I already have 643M worth of straces since I
started it.  So far no ENOMEMs .

My current meminfo
MemTotal:      2074268 kB
MemFree:        277240 kB