spamassassin - sa-learn and public

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 1 15:30:57 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:37 -0800, Norman Zhang wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Now that I have a functional bayes system for spamassassin...does it
> > make sense to have a subfolder in the 'public' mailbox for people to
> > drag their low scoring spam into so sa-learn can add it to the bayes db
> > by cron based scripts?
> >
> > Is there a better way?
> >
> > If 'anyone' has lrs rights on public but lrsiwpcda rights on
> > public.SPAM-learn would they be able to do this?
>
> I've googled the following thread earlier. Perhaps it is helpful.

----
it's interesting and I have done that in the past with uw-imap but I
never had any shared folders in uw-imap.

I can't see the logic of automatically taking people's inbox
automatically as ham...

- they may not have cleared their inbox of spam in which case, spam
would accumulate as ham

- they may not be checking their email at all and what ever is in their
inbox would be whatever is there

I can see the issue of a folder that they couldn't access prompting
calls but if it's a public folder that they can post and delete from,
that seems to solve their issues.

I guess I'm no closer to the answer here

Craig