spamassassin - sa-learn and public

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Apr 1 21:13:19 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Craig White wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:37 -0800, Norman Zhang wrote:
>> Craig White wrote:
>>> Now that I have a functional bayes system for spamassassin...does it
>>> make sense to have a subfolder in the 'public' mailbox for people to
>>> drag their low scoring spam into so sa-learn can add it to the bayes db
>>> by cron based scripts?
>>>
>>> Is there a better way?
>>>
>>> If 'anyone' has lrs rights on public but lrsiwpcda rights on
>>> public.SPAM-learn would they be able to do this?
>>
>> I've googled the following thread earlier. Perhaps it is helpful.
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110885432500003&r=1&w=2
> ----
> it's interesting and I have done that in the past with uw-imap but I
> never had any shared folders in uw-imap.
>
> I can't see the logic of automatically taking people's inbox
> automatically as ham...

My thought would be:
1) set up per-user bayesian filters
2) set up per-user spamtrain and hamtrain folders (someuser lrs, and
authenticate a cron job as someuser)
3) cron job reads your spam and ham hints, updates your bayesian filter.
(and if you want to give it more access, flushes the folder)

But I suspect this doesn't sufficiently meet your needs.