cyrus to sync mail on 2 machines

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sat Apr 2 18:42:07 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 15:20, rado wrote:
> Hi Y'all
> Let me explain what's goin on 1st.
> ...just a hobby kinda challenge k?
> running Redhat Fedora core 3
> sendmail etc
>
> 2 servers here...as a HA(High Availability) Redundancy project.
> 1 server is the master the other a slave.
> The actual HA swich scripting is done.. If the master goes down, the
> slave takes over. Master comes back to the net, the slave relinquished
> back to the Master.
> enuf for that stuff.
>
> keeping the mail in sync is a grrrrrrr.
>
> Question: Is there anyway thru cyrus imap, pop, murder, whatever, is
> there anyway cyrus can take the mail that comes in and sync it to the
> slave?

in the released cyrus imap, no.  I *believe* this may be possible with
some of th new code being added to CVS HEAD.  I am implementing a
similar system where I work, but I am using drbd (http://www.drbd.org/)
to sync the backend filesystem.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/