segfaults when executing quota command

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Apr 14 03:18:35 EDT 2005

> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 22:50 -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Craig White wrote:
>>
>> > rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/cyrus-imap.spec
>> >
>> > which definitely worked
>> >
>> > If that makes sense, I will uninstall the previously installed cyrus-
>> > imapd rpms and install these new ones and then re-run the 'quota /
>> gdb'
>> > trace and hopefully this will give us more info to go on.
>>
>> Actually you should be able to run the new quota binary against your
>> existing installed binary set just for testing for the moment.
> ----
> difference in size worries me...
>
> # ls -l /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/quota
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       719864 \
> Jan 15 11:33 /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/quota
>
> # ls -l /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cyrus-imapd-2.2.12/imap/quota
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1295663 \
> Apr 13 19:55 /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cyrus-imapd-2.2.12/imap/quota
>
> that's a lot of difference - is this the file?

Doing an rpmbuild -bc does build the binaries but doesn't strip them,
which is what you want here. -bb means it's building the binary packages
which also includes the stripping of packaging, which is what you don't
want here.
Now that you have run -bc, you could simply make small changes to the *.c
files and run make in the /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cyrus-imapd-2.2.12/imap/
directory to get updated binaries which you can then use for testing. So
there is no need to always run the whole rpmbuild process.

Simon