autoconf help with net-snmp and cyrus 2.1.18

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Apr 5 15:19:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

I backported from the 2.2.X branch what I think are most, if not all, the
changes needed to make cyrus 2.1.18 compatible with net-snmp, and allow for
statistics generation (I miss them on the mail server I have that is running on
a newer OS :)  Changes are all in the C code I believe, with maybe one m4 macro
change in cmulocal/ucdsnmp.m4.

However, I'm ignorant of how to make the necessary changes to get autoconf to
generate a proper configure script.  Is it just a matter of running autoconf?
I'd like to understand what I'm doing with the GNU build tools before I
potentially put a piece of software into test and then production, that I did
the backport on :)

Thanks,
Kevin

--